AirScout latest news
2018-02-06: Huge amount of elevation data were uploaded to this site (including SRTM1 data worldwide). This is for the upcoming version of AirScout. Stay tuned for updates.
2017-06-02: There several reports that AirScout is crashing right after startup with an "Unhandled exception" prventing the software from normal operation.
Even new installation does not help in this case. I could reproduce this bug once so far and it seems that the AirScout database has crashed and was loosing some of the tables.
There is no fix but a workaround with a small cleanup tool (go to the download area).
I will upload a new version asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-01-02: HNY to all. Latest bugfixes available with version V220.127.116.11. Please see download section for details.
2016-12-24: New bugfixed version V18.104.22.168 is online. Please see download section for details.
2016-12-23: New version V22.214.171.124 is online. Please see download section for details. New features:
- new database structure (SQLite)
- 2 new working web feeds
- 1 automatic feed for web resources not yet discovered
- new wizard on first run
- automatic download of elevation tiles
After a long period of silence new plane feeds discovered. Hoping to
release V126.96.36.199 shortly. Stay tuned for updates!
2015-02-25: New problems with plane feed reported. Working on an update.
Recent bugs in V188.8.131.52 and status of next version see below:
- Bugfix: Donate button issue - Program hangs or shows "Script error" while trying to load the website from the server --> fixed (tnx SM6CEN)
- Bugfix: Antenna tracking does not stop when selected AP disappeared, sending "0.0" values for Az/El instead of stop sending data--> fixed
- Bugfix: Planes with category "S" (Superheavy) were shown as "M" sized icons --> fixed
- Bugfix: GLOBE source unusable outside Europe: changed URL, tiles and data format --> not fixed so far (tnx VK2BJP)
- Bugfix: Corrupted lat/lon information in <www.planefinder.net> feed, major amount of planes is dropped --> not fixed so far(tnx W3SZ)
2015-02-08: New Version V184.108.40.206 is online. Please see downloads section. New features:
- new plane feed architecture (including new webfeed and local feeds)
- automatic antenna tracking (experimantal)
- news feed showing this website
Documentation update will follow as soon as possible.
2015-01-25: Latest BETA version V220.127.116.11 with new plane feed delivered to selected users.
2015-01-22: Plane feeds discountinued. Working on a software update.
Stay tuned for news on this website!
73 de Frank, DL2ALF